martes, abril 19, 2011

Huaraches contemplations / Contemplaciones Huaracheras

One of the first shoes that I remember "clearly" wearing, were a pair of white patent leather Mary Janes,   an unexpected present from a neighbor returning from a trip to Miami. Those were the fancy shoes, the ones I remember wearing in pain, because they were to tight.
Another set of shoes I remember ‘clearly”, were two pairs of sandals, humble huaraches with a tire sole and leather suede top, these super comfortable shoes were made by my father, by hand, in 1982, one pair black, another white.  I was the only one wearing “family made” shoes and I remember being very ashamed of this.  
My parents divorced when I was two years old.
I had a fatherless childhood, and for some periods of time a shoeless one, but thanks to the Cuba of the 80’s never Artless.


A new take on huaraches and a traditional Mexican style (super cute for little ones)

Huaraches Boots by Sigerson Morrison


The Jalapeno Huaraches


Uno de los primeros zapatos de los que me acuerdo eran blancos de charol. Yo tendria unos 5 anos y estos zapatos fueron un regalo de un vecino que habia regresado de un viaje a Miami.
Estos eran los zapatos de salir, de vestir, de ir a fiestas de cumpleanos, a bodas, los zapatos que no se podian romper, que habia que cuidar. Me acuerdo de haberlos usado aun cuando eran demasiado pequenos y del alivio que sentia al quitarmelos.
Otro par de zapatos de los que me acuerdo claramente eran dos pares de Huarachas, humildes sandalias hechas con suela de goma de rueda de carro, y tiras de cuero entrelazadas. Un par blanco y otro café, hechas a mano por mi papa en 1982. Me acuerdo de sentir verguenza al usar estos zapatos hechos en casa, yo queria zapatos hechos en una fabrica, con una etiqueta.
Mis padres se divorciaron cuando yo tenia dos anos.
Tuve una infancia sin padre, y por ratos, sin zapatos. Pero como ven en las fotos,llena de musica y baile.
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comentario:

Annia B Lavastida dijo...

yo también tenía guarachas de niña y cómo me gustaban! nunca más había visto unas como aquellas...